There’s been a lot of buzz around products that are based on CBD. Despite the fact that the US federal government only just legalize the use of CBD for medical purposes recently, the enthusiasm from the general public over these products has been overwhelmingly positive.
The reason is mostly because of the versatility of CBD. It works on both humans and most vertebrae animals and it could also treat a wide range of ailments. It has different types of potency and comes in different kinds of products as well. All based on what your particular needs and preferences are.
But before you buy one and give it to your dogs, you should know what kind of benefits you can expect from products based on CBD. This article will tell you all about that along with a recommendation of some of the best CBD products for your dogs. We will also put together a list of a couple of our favorite cbd oils in Canada just for you as well.
What is CBD and how does it work?
Cannabidiol, or more commonly known as CBD, is one of the main active compounds found within cannabis and hemp. When consumed, those plants will produce the feeling of a gradual calmness and being “high”. CBD is the one that would create that calm and relaxed feeling. The one that would make you feel “high” is a psychoactive compound called Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Scientists have found an effective and reliable method to extract the CBD from cannabis with little to no THC. And that, along with the legalization of CBD, is what finally enables numerous manufacturers to deliver their unique CBD products to millions of customers.
CBD itself works by binding itself to the vast neurotransmitter network in our body called the endocannabinoid system. This system appears all over your dog’s body. So by connecting itself to this system, CBD could temporarily influence different parts of your dog’s body. The nice thing about CBD is that it is pretty safe. Even if you give your dog a lot it will generally lead to an upset stomach, or a sleepier dog. This is because the dangers of a dog overdosing on CBD is very low.
Benefits of CBD for dogs
● To treat epilepsy. CBD has been proven to work great against epilepsy. Not only in humans, but in animals as well. But even more than that, CBD could help your dogs with different kinds of seizures as well. Even the FDA has approved the use of several medicines for epilepsy that are based on CBD.
● As a painkiller. As mentioned earlier, through the endocannabinoid system, CBD could exert control over various parts of your dog’s body. One of those parts is pain management. Giving CBD to your dogs could significantly reduce their pain.
● As anti-anxiety. Even when it was still inside the cannabis, CBD is known for its calming effect on your brain. And now that CBD appears in its pure form, it has become one of the most effective forms of anti-anxiety solutions that you can find in the market right now.
● To treat arthritis. Other than affecting your dog’s nervous system, CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties that makes it a great choice to treat arthritis. You could use it to treat rashes, sprains, bumps, and other kinds of muscle, joints, and skin problems as well.
● To increase appetite. If your dogs are somehow unable to eat or simply refuse to touch their foods, giving CBD could help increase their appetite. Whether it’s because your dogs are in a bad mood or maybe because they’re feeling nervous, CBD could both calm them down and make them hungry at the same time.
● For a glowing fur. One of the most curious effects of regularly giving CBD to your dogs appears on their fur. Slowly but surely, you’ll notice that their fur will be thicker, stronger, smoother, and just more glowing than ever before.
Top three CBD products for dogs
1st place. Furbabies
Furbabies is one of the rising brands in this industry. They are based in Vancouver, Canada, and have a great selection of CBD products for different animals. Their focus is on dogs, cats, and horses, but you could use their products on other vertebrae animals as well. Overall we have found that their hemp blend has helped our dog the most. We compared its value, as well as quality of product, and they just couldn’t be beat.
2nd place. HonestPaws
HonestPaws is arguably one of the most popular brands in the world when it comes to CBD for pets. They have a wide variety of high quality products that you can choose. But their products are rather expensive. Not to mention the high demands makes it hard to find their products on sale.
3rd place. Innovet
The foundation of every Innovet product is a high quality CBD product that was made with the sole purpose of helping your pets. They use a full spectrum CBD to make sure their products have enough potency to treat whatever ailments that your dogs have. And they also provide a thorough guide while at it.
People flock to CBD products for several reasons, which is its versatility and the benefits that the CBD could give to their pets. From treating arthritis to serving as a powerful anti-anxiety solution, CBD can give numerous health benefits for your dogs. You should really give CBD a try.
And you don’t have to worry, if your dog won’t take CBD oil there are also cbd dog treats. We have you covered there as well, as we have done the rankings for best cbd dog treats in canada right here.