- Introduction to homeopathic remedies for dogs
- What are homeopathic remedies?
- What is CBD and how does it work?
- What are the benefits of CBD oil on dogs?
- Can you use CBD oil as a homeopathic remedy for dogs?
- What is the best CBD oil for dogs?
- How to use CBD oil as a homeopathic remedy for dogs?
- Conclusion to homeopathic remedies for dogs
Introduction to homeopathic remedies for dogs
In a comparison between prescribed medicines vs natural remedies for dogs, the better option is certainly natural remedies. Organic solutions will always be safer and healthier than synthesized chemicals. At least that is the case for light to medium ailments. Serious illness still requires advanced medications.
Homeopathy is one of the most popular natural remedies that has been practiced for years by millions of people. Nowadays, it has been practiced by lots of pet owners on their beloved fur babies. The result thus far has been quite positive. But improvement can always be made.
And that is where CBD oil comes in. CBD has been gaining a lot of attention lately as a product that can offer lots of benefits for dogs. So can CBD oil be used as a part of homeopathic remedy for your dogs? Read on to find out the answer to this question.
What are homeopathic remedies?
Homeopathic remedies are forms of natural remedies that seek to improve the body’s own healing capability. The main principle behind it comes from the knowledge that our body is fully capable of healing itself. All medicine can do is simply improve and help the body do its job.
The most obvious example of this principle are bones. When your bone is broken, the doctors will only align the bones to their correct place. Given enough time, the bones will reattach themselves. All of the medicines that you use are there to increase both the speed and the quality of the recovery.
In homeopathy, all of the remedies act as a way to improve the body’s healing capability. As to not become too invasive, the remedy is often used in small doses. But a stronger organic compound will still be able to offer a much better result for your dogs.
What is CBD and how does it work?
CBD, also known as Cannabidiol, is one of the main compounds from the family of Cannabinoids. It comes from cannabis, hemp, and marijuana. But nowadays, CBD-based products often come from hemp. Because hemp contains more CBD inside it compared to cannabis.
CBD itself is known as the compound that will make you feel calm and relaxed whenever you consume cannabis. The one that will make you feel “high” is the other psychoactive compound called THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD is relatively harmless to our body, while THC can be quite harmful.
The way CBD works is through a neural network called Endocannabinoid System (ECS). This neural network exists both in humans and animals and appears all over our body, particularly the nervous system. CBD will bind itself with the ECS and therefore be able to influence the nervous system as well.
What are the benefits of CBD oil on dogs?
- As an anti-anxiety. Thanks to its connection to the Endocannabinoid System, CBD can exert its influence on the nervous system. And one of the effects that CBD can give to the brain is its calming effect. That’s why CBD is perfect to use for anxious dogs. Just a couple drops of CBD and it’ll calm your dogs down.
- Treatment for seizures. Another important effect that scientists have found about CBD is its ability to treat epilepsy and other kinds of seizures in dogs. But do keep in mind that CBD cannot cure your dogs from these ailments. What it can do, however, is significantly reduce the intensity and the frequency of seizures.
- Treatment for arthritis. Arthritis happens due to excess inflammation on certain parts of the joins. CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. It can easily help reduce pain and swelling due to inflammation. And of course, it works for other kinds of muscle and joint problems as well.
- Stimulate fur growth. One of the unique effects of the CBD is its ability to influence the cell of the hair follicles. Research has found that CBD can help stimulate hair growth. So if you regularly give CBD to your dogs, you’ll notice a much thicker, smoother, and more lush fur overtime.
- Other health benefits. There are other health benefits that CBD can give to your dogs. Such as its ability to act as a potent painkiller or the effects of CBD to the digestive system. And research is continuously being done to find what other benefits can CBD give to us and our pets.
Can you use CBD oil as a homeopathic remedy for dogs?
Yes, you can absolutely use CBD oil as a homeopathic remedy for dogs. The core principle of homeopathy is using a small dosage of natural compounds to help the body heal itself. Usually, the practitioner will use organic herbs in small doses to help them achieve that goal. So while CBD isn’t itself homeopathic it can be used in conjunction with other remedies that are homeopathic.
When it comes to organic compounds, CBD offers one of the strongest effects, by far. That is why CBD, and cannabis or hemp in general, has been used by humans since a long time ago. And the popularity of various CBD products nowadays makes it easier than ever to get CBD.
CBD oil has no side effects on the body. You can’t even overdose with CBD. That’s why it should be fine to use CBD as your dogs’ primary homeopathic remedy. Your dogs will get to enjoy every benefit of CBD. And CBD will also gradually help their body to strengthen itself at the same time.
What is the best CBD oil for dogs?
If you go online to look for a good CBD, you will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of products out there. And just like everything else, not all CBD oil is created equal. You have to weed through the masses in order to find a truly great product.
But one thing that you need to keep in mind is the fact that there are different types of CBD. There are Full-Spectrum CBD that can offer the strongest effect but also quite risky due to the THC in it. There is Isolate CBD that is perfectly safe to use since it is a pure CBD extract. But this one has the weakest effect of the bunch, which is perfect for sensitive dogs.
So the best option for your dogs, especially if it is just for everyday use, is the Broad-Spectrum CBD. It has the perfect balance between safety and potency. If you intend to incorporate CBD into your dog’s homeopathic session, then broad-spectrum CBD oil is the way to go. If you want to know the best CBD oils in Canada for dogs, just take a look at the products that got our best rankings on our list.
How to use CBD oil as a homeopathic remedy for dogs?
The key to homeopathic treatment is using small doses of natural compounds to help the body do its work. As homeopathic treatments are a bit of like the dog that bit you to solve a hangover you actually ingest some things to essentially get the body to heal itself. So CBD alone would not be considered homeopathic, but combining it with another item would be. This is with the understanding that the other treatment is homeopathic. So if you want to use CBD oil as a homeopathic remedy, it should be used in the same manner. Which is a small dose given regularly.
As it happens, that is also what experts recommend to be the best way to give CBD to your dogs. Especially if they have never used CBD before. This method allowed the body to get used to the existence of CBD inside it.
So now that we’ve established that broad spectrum CBD oil is the way to go, you need to prepare a schedule. You should give the CBD oil to your dogs strictly following the schedule. And don’t forget to take notice of any changes that might occur. Because depending on your dog’s reaction, you might have to adjust the dose of the CBD oil. So always stay vigilant.
Conclusion to homeopathic remedies for dogs
The body is a strong system that can heal itself. Homeopathic remedies strive to help your dogs by improving the body’s ability to fix itself. CBD is one of the best compounds for the job. It can be an organic compound, which means it is safe and healthy to use. But again, like most things in life everything should be taken in moderation. Water is safe, but if you drink 10 gallons you will be in some trouble.
Not only that, it can also offer so many great benefits to your dog. And since there are so many options available in the market, it is easy to find and quite affordable as well. But for new users, you should start with broad spectrum CBD oil.